Absolutely loved this, I halved the recipe and used an extra 3 OZ of cheese but thinking I should have used 4… I also sauteed some mushrooms that I had and put them in and next time I’m all about using a lot more. The other addition that would just outright make it a meal is that of some diced chicken breast. Definitely going to give that a shot.
2 (10 ounce) packages frozen chopped broccoli
3 cups instant rice
1 (10.75 ounce) cancondensed cream of mushroom soup
1 (10.75 ounce) cancondensed cream of chicken soup
1 1/4 cups water
1 (16 ounce) packageprocessed American cheese, cubed
1 tablespoon butter
1 bunch celery, chopped
1 large onion, chopped
salt and pepper to taste
- Cook broccoli and rice according to package directions. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- In a medium saucepan over low heat, mix cream of mushroom soup, cream of chicken soup, and 1 1/4 cups water. Gradually stir in cheese until melted. Be careful that the cheese doesn’t burn.
- Melt butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat, and cook and stir celery and onion until soft.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine broccoli, rice, soup and cheese mixture, celery and onion. Season with salt and pepper. Pour mixture into a 9×13 inch baking dish.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 45 minutes, until bubbly and lightly brown.
- PREP30 mins
- COOK45 mins
- READY IN1 hr15 mins